Note about Children: Our Services are not intended for, marketed to or available to individuals younger than the age of 13, and individuals younger than the age of 13 should not submit personal information to us or use any Service.
1. Registration and Other Information You Provide: The Services may collect "Personal Information" (which is information that can reasonably be used, alone or in combination with other reasonably available information, to identify or contact a specific individual). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, physical address or zip code, account information (such as a password or other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your account) and demographic or other information (such as your school, gender, age or birthdate) and information about your interests and preferences. We will may also collect payment information (typically, credit card or bank account information) if you choose to purchase products or services through the Services. Any information combined with Personal Information will be treated as Personal Information.
2. Your Profile, Community Forums and User Content: You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, which may include Personal Information, photographs, information about your academic and work history, your interests and activities, your use of the Services and other information ("Profile"). Some of the information in your Profile may be visible to third parties or to everyone, depending on the nature of the information and the privacy settings you choose when you sign in and go to your Account on the website or other Services where you created your Profile. AdmitHub may also make the information contained in your Profile accessible through means other than the Services (such as through an app or an application programming interface (API)). Your de-identified Profile may also be indexed by and displayed by internet search providers when someone searches for your name. We do not control how frequently third-party search engines update their indexes; consequently their information may be outdated and still available for a period of time even if you discontinue use of the Service.
Note that in order to provide services and opportunities to you, educational organizations, scholarship providers and other third parties may (to the extent permissible by law) be able to review certain information in your Profile for some of the Services, whether or not you have limited public access to that information. You may have the opportunity to control whether this information is shared, but some information may be shared automatically -- all as disclosed on the website or other service where you created your Profile. AdmitHub does not share your contact information (email, full postal address or phone number) with those third parties unless you request or agree to that sharing. However, AdmitHub may send you information and offers from third parties and information about the Services, and you may not be able to opt-out from these messages without closing your account.
The Services may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, through interactive features and through other communication functionality ("Community Forums"). You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post reviews, suggestions, ideas, questions, answers, comments, testimonials, feedback, messages, images, videos, text or other material ("User Content"). Your User Content may also be posted in your Profile. In addition, if you choose to submit User Content for review or instruction by a counselor at your school, university or working independently, and certain User Content may be publicly posted to the Profile of your counselor, including any Personal Information you included in the applicable User Content. Please think carefully about what you post and before including Personal Information in your User Content. You may edit or remove your Profile information, but you may not be able to remove answers or postings or other uploaded User Content on some Services. To request removal of content you posted publicly on the Services, contact us via email by clicking here. We will honor removal requests received from registered users under the age of 18 or not yet enrolled in a postsecondary institution where required by law. Other removal requests received, may, in our sole discretion, be honored or refused (except that all such requests will be considered in the context of all applicable laws and regulations). In some cases, we may remove only your Personal Information but maintain the rest of your User Content. Note that removal of public postings does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted.
In addition, the Services may allow members to communicate and collaborate with each other, including some Services that allow members to engage in one-on-one communication using a chat feature. If you create an account, participate in a Community Forum or choose to communicate with others through the Services, certain information about you may be disclosed in connection with your or others' use of the Services, including certain information about you and your network (such as your name and profile photo, the number of your connections, and the names and pictures of your connections). Our servers may record and we may retain records of the content of any such user-to-user communications.
3. Third Party Services, Social Media Platforms, and Information Third Parties Provide About You: Third parties may provide us with information about you. For example, if you are on a third party web site, and you opt-in to receive information from us, that third party will forward information about you to us so that we may contact you as requested.
You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature through our Services (such as logging in through Facebook Connect or otherwise linking the Services with another web site or interactive service) or on a third party web site or service (such as one of our Facebook applications or a similar application or feature on a third party web site or service) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Information. Information about you, including your name and profile photo, may be shown to other users of the Services if you are logged in through the Services or through a third party web site or service. The third party may allow you to remove the application or feature, in which case we will no longer collect information about you through the application or feature, but we may retain the information previously collected. When you choose to participate, you may be opting to link your activity on our Services with that third party web site or service, which may then collect information about your visits to our Services and may publish that activity as you request to your profile or similar feature with that third party. In some instances, we may require that you participate in the Services through a third party application or feature and, if you choose not to authorize or use the required third party application or feature, you will not be able to use the applicable Service.
5. Information AdmitHub Collects Automatically When You Access The Services: Like other web sites and online services, we and our analytics providers, vendors and other third party service providers may automatically collect certain "Usage Information" whenever you access and use the Services, including, without limitation, by viewing information about a course or school, asking or answering questions, viewing another user's Profile, sending a message, searching for a person or information, or by clicking on a product reward or an advertisement.
Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, your Facebook ID, your phone number, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our Services (if applicable), the search terms you entered into a search engine that lead you to our Services (if applicable), all of the areas within our Services that you visit (including information about any ads you may view), and the time of day you used the Services, among other information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to tell you about people or events nearby, to provide special offers, to serve advertisements, to select appropriate content to display to you, and to enhance or otherwise improve the Services and our products.
In addition, we automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for any computer, mobile phone or other device (any, a "Device") you may use to access the Services. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access a Service, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access a Service, internet service provider (ISP), date and time of your visit, browser language, browser type, referring and exit pages and URLs, amount of time spent on particular pages, which parts of our Services you use, which links you click, search terms, operating system, traffic and related statistics, keywords, and/or other general browsing or usage data.. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
Usage Information is collected via tracking technologies, including:
Cookies: Our Services may utilize Cookies to improve your current and future experience by allowing us to understand your usage of our Services. For example, cookies help our systems recognize you if you return to our Services shortly after exiting them. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that allow us to personalize the content of our Services. Cookies can be turned off via your browser settings if you so choose. However, if you turn your cookies off, some features of our Services may not function properly. In our Products, we use local storage to help remember your settings and account configuration.
Web Beacons: We, as well as our affiliate program partners, service providers, and other third parties, may employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), that help us better manage content on our Services by informing us of what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users for our affiliate program. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. This information is used to help improve the overall quality and experience of our Services. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' Personal Information.
An Embedded Script: is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device from our server or a third party service provider and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Services. In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
Flash & HTML5: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content, information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 & Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click hereß
How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals: Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" (DNT) signal to websites and online service you visit. DNT is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the internet industry is still working to determine what DNT means, how to comply with DNT, and how to create a common approach to responding to DNT. To find out more about "Do Not Track", please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Note that we may create, facilitate or display social advertisements, whereby your name and profile photo may be used to advertise products and services to your network based on your use of the Services and your interactions with AdmitHub and third parties through the Services (a "Social Ad"). If we are utilizing Social Ads on one of our Services, you will be able to opt-out through your account settings for that Service.
Please note that information submitted on the Services via a "Contact Us" or other similar function may not receive a response. We will not use the information provided via these functions to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
1. Educational Institutions: We work with colleges, universities, scholarship providers and educational institutions ("Educational Institutions") to provide targeted recruiting and outreach to some of our members. For some of our Services, we may allow Educational Institutions to review information in your Profile (such as hometown, grade point average, and graduation year), whether or not you have chosen to restrict public access to some of that information. We do not share your contact information (email address, full postal address or phone number) with these Educational Institutions without your consent, but we may send you information on their behalf. This is a fundamental element of some of our free Services. In addition, you may indicate that you would like to receive additional information from Educational Institutions or other third parties and we will then share your information with those parties so that they may contact you per your request. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive communications from a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly.
3. Service Providers. We will share your Personal Information with third parties to provide services to us or you in connection with the Services, but subject to confidentiality obligations which limit their use and disclosure of such information. For example, we may provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as shipping your order, sending our emails, or offering customer service. If you purchase any products or services, our billing partner will receive billing and financial information (e.g., credit card numbers) necessary to process your charges, including your phone number, postal and e-mail addresses, depending on your payment method.
EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD
AdmitHub’s accountability for data processing. As described in the Privacy Shield Principles, AdmitHub is accountable for personal data that it receives and subsequently transfers to third parties. If third parties that process personal data on our behalf do so in a manner that does not comply with the Privacy Shield Principles, we are accountable, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Independent Recourse Mechanism – User Data.AdmitHub has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to BBB EU Privacy Shield, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/file-a-complaint/ for more information or to file a complaint. The services of BBB EU Privacy Shield are provided at no cost to you.
Arbitration and FTC powers.As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, binding arbitration before a Privacy Shield Panel will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means. AdmitHub is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Independent Recourse Mechanism – Employee Personal Data. AdmitHub commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (“DPAs”) and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of an employment relationship. Please contact us at the details given above to be directed to the relevant DPA contacts.
- Access You may access the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly.
- Amend You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Move Your data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the Questions or Comments section below. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. You must put the statement "Your EU Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and postcode. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
THIRD PARTY AD NETWORKS AND ANALYTICS PROVIDERS
We work with network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to serve third party advertisements on and through the Services; to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Services, including the pages viewed and the actions users take when visiting the Services; to serve our advertisements on other websites, within mobile apps, and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Services and the effectiveness of our advertisements. For example, if you click on an AdmitHub advertisement, our service provider(s) may be able to tell us the advertisement you clicked on and where you were viewing the advertisement; likewise, if you click on an ad you see on our Services, our service provider(s) may be able to tell which page you were visiting on our Services and pass that information to the advertiser. The advertisements you see may be served by one or more third parties, who may use information collected over time about your activities on the Services, and other websites and services, to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests. Some of the companies who serve these targeted ads participate in a self-regulatory program that allows you to opt-out of having information about you used for this purpose, and you may access that opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You may continue to receive generic ads while using the Services and elsewhere online. We may share Usage Information about visitors with third party advertising companies, analytics providers and other vendors. Our ad network providers, the advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors may set and access their own tracking devices (including cookies and web beacons) and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you and your online browsing activities. Some of these third parties may collect Personal Information over time when you visit the Services or other web sites and services.
Push Notification:We will send you push notifications if you agree to receive them. You may opt-out of receiving these at any time by going to the phone settings and turning them off.
UPDATING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND CONTROL OVER ADMITHUB EMAILS
You may be able to review the information you provided to us on a Service and make any desired changes to the information, or to the settings for your account on that Service, by logging in to your account for that Service and editing or deleting the information. You also may be able to limit the information you receive from us by adjusting your settings. All changes to your email settings and preferences must be made in your account preferences page on the applicable Service or by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the AdmitHub email. However, we reserve the right to send you information on our behalf and on behalf of third parties in connection with providing the Services. If you no longer want to receive information from us, you will need to close your account for that Service.
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you wish to close your account with one of our Services, please send your request via email by clicking here and we will remove your Personal Information and Profile, if applicable, from the active databases for the Service(s) you request. Please let us know which Service(s) you wish to close and send your request using an email account that you have registered with AdmitHub under your name. You typically will receive a response to a request sent to this account within five business days of our receiving it. Requests to change your email preferences or unsubscribe from all emails may not be made through this email address, but rather must be submitted through one of the channels set out in the previous section.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, LINKS TO OTHER SITES, AND ADMITHUB CONTENT FOUND OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICES
Certain content provided through the Services may be hosted and served by third parties, which may include third party widgets (such as those that allow you to "like" or "share" content with third party web sites and online services. In addition, the Services may link to third party web sites or content over which AdmitHub has no control and which are governed by the privacy policies and business practices of those third parties. In addition, third-party partners of AdmitHub from whom your order through the Services may have different privacy policies which apply to such partners use of your information.
Please also note that AdmitHub content and widgets may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with us and over which we have no control. These third parties may independently collect data. AdmitHub is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Services in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via email by clicking here.
AdmitHub take data security very seriously. AdmitHub takes commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Such measures vary depending on the sensitivity of the information at issue.
Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event that AdmitHub becomes aware of a data breach impacting your Personal Information, we will provide notification in compliance with all applicable laws. If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can email us by clicking here.CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request via email by clicking here or write to us at the following mailing address: